Friday, October 4, 2019

Blog Day Seventeen: The Time Zone Discussion

Today in class we had a discussion about Time Zones. As I said in my blog before this, I was on the undecided side. By the end of the discussion I think I am  leaning more towards keeping Time Zones. Although I do see reasons to get rid of time zones, I do think keeping them is the better option. I also picked this side because more practical reasoning was presented during the discussion. I personally think that no matter what happens with the time zones, the position of the sun to the Earth will always be the same. You can't change the position of the sun and when you change the time zones it will not change the fact that it will be day somewhere and night somewhere else. Also it would be extremely hard to change the entire time zone system. If the United Nations even wanted to change the time zone not all countries on the Earth would want to as well. There is no rules to time so really any country can do whatever they want. The system right now is confusing but, it has work for the past 200 or more years. That is why I have picked to now be on the keeping time zones side of the argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment