Wednesday, September 18, 2019

Blog Day Nine: The Top and Bottom Attitude

Today in class we furthered our discussion on the Peters world map. A lot of people had a lot to say about this today. Many people were okay to use this map in regular classes, since it is more accurate in the relative sizing of each country. As soon as the map flipped upside down almost everyone in the class went crazy. Lots of my classmates were saying how there is no point to flipping the map. That by flipping the map it would give the "Top and Bottom" attitude to Australia and other countries below the equator. While people were saying that, I was wondering if that was our "Top and Bottom" attitude showing through. Since America is near the top of the map it might just be our subconscious mind telling us that the map is good the way it is because America is already "on top". I don't know, that was just my thought process during the discussion we had again today. The other thing we did in class today was go over our first tests! I was very happy with my grade. I had a feeling turning in the finished test that I had a few answers wrong. But thank goodness for extra credit! I did get the extra credit correct and I am very glad I was paying attention to the part of class where it was said. Overall today was a good class, and I also had a shadow with me today so I hope she had fun during this class too!

No comments:

Post a Comment