Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Blog Day Twelve: Site

Today in class we started on the PowerPoint Site and Situation. We mostly focused on the Site part of Site and Situation. One thing that I found kind of interesting was that the Bel Air area is across the globe from North Korea. This means that we have about the same climate. I found that really cool and I guess I never really thought about climate that way. Any way, we also talked about how Site describes the physical characteristics of a place. For example things like climate, water sources, topography, soil, vegetation, latitude, and elevation all are used when describing the physical characteristics of a location. People also want to live where they are used to living. When they move/ migrate they look for similar characteristics in their past and future homes. I do think this is human nature because if a place isn't like our old home we have the ability to change it. And of course, we do change it. In fact in order to increase land sizes people would dump old ships and trash into the water source nearby, put some sand and dirt on top of it and call it land. I found this almost unbelievable. I mean it obviously worked but who would have thought to make "fake land." With all of that, class( and my blog post) sadly ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment